Thursday, October 11, 2007

JAPANESE

My first language is Japanese, you know.
And I studied Chinese in my university in Japan. My university is the Nagoya University Of Foreign Studies, so every students study some language. For example, one of my friends learns Spanish, another friend learns German, and I have friends who study French or korean.

I think in the UI there are many students who are learning Japanese. S0 I helped them to attend the Japanese class as a guest speaker of Japanese, and I belong to the JCA-Japanese culture association.
At that time, I think about Japanese suddenly.
Japanese has 3 characters of writing, kanzi漢字, hiraganaひらがな and katakanaカタカナ

kanzi is the similar form to Chinese. So when I learned Chinese, I could understand what a textbook in Chinese wants to say, but the pronunciation is difficult!!!!
Hiragana and Katakana are the original language forms of Japanese.
What I wanted to say in today's blog was Japanese has 3 writing patterns. I don't know any language which have some characters for writing. I think it is interesting.

In Japanese,if you don't know a word spell, you can write another form from 3 characters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Japanese script is so interesting to me! I noticed that sometimes, when you write a kanji character, their might be so hiragana script written small above the character. Does this help young people or non-native speakers learn the pronunciation of kanji characters?